Advanced BOSS polyphonic guitar synth technology in a streamlined 200 series pedal
12 analog-style synth categories with many variations in each (171 sounds total)
Three adjustable parameters for customizing sounds
128 memories for saving and recalling sounds
Fast sound creation with hands-on controls and large display
No special pickup required—play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
Assignable Memory/CTL 1 switch for memory change, hold, pitch control, and more
Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
Selectable modes for globally optimizing the synth engine for guitar or bass
Supports extended control with up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal
Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving 3.5 mm TRS jacks (connection cables available separately)
Micro USB jack for firmware updates
Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
A Massive Library of Expressive Synth Tones
The SY-200 transforms your guitar or bass into a versatile analog-flavored synth, ready to infuse your music with dynamic, compelling, and evocative new voices. This streamlined stomp gives you 171 total sounds organized in 12 intuitive categories, along with adjustable parameters for customizing the tone and response. And with 128 memory locations, you’re able to store your favorite sounds and instantly recall them while performing.
Build Custom Sounds Fast
With the SY-200’s informative display and hands-on controls, it’s quick and easy to call up sounds and balance the direct and synth levels. All the preset synth tones have been dialed in by the BOSS engineers to be inspiring and playable right away. But if you want to go deeper, you can tweak three different parameters for each sound via dedicated knobs.
Powerful Real-Time Control
The SY-200 provides a massive range of control options while taking up minimal space on your pedalboard. Two customizable footswitches offer multi-functional operation with press-and-hold functionality, allowing you to control synth on/off, memory scrolling, pitch bend, synth hold, and more. Expanded control is possible via external footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is also available to interface with other MIDI-equipped pedals and devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 loop switchers.
Plug-and-Play and Latency-Free
You can use the SY-200 with any guitar or bass—just plug in with a standard 1/4-inch cable and start creating. Thanks to custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, you’ll enjoy latency-free performance that’s a natural extension of your instrument, letting you play freely without altering your normal technique in any way.
Supercharge Your Music with a Diverse Range of Sounds
The SY-200 is loaded with a large library of synthesizer tones to inspire new ideas and bring fresh voices to your music.
• LEAD—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• STRING—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• DUAL—Fat synth tones with stacked oscillators.
• SWEEP—Dynamic sounds with expressive and engaging movement.
• NOISE—Classic analog-style synth noise. Great for percussive sounds and dramatic effects.
• SFX—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
• ARPEGGIO—Generate rhythmic arpeggios based on the notes you play.